Friday, May 8, 2009

Pink Rocky Road

I just thought I'd note this idea down, as its a nice simple one for a little girl's party (and big girls' parties too ;) ) but looks and tastes yummy.

Take 400g white chocolate (I used melts, but I find melts always give a watery taste when they are melted and then reconstituted - I'd suggest using Cadbury Dream), and melt it! I confess, I melt all my chocolate in the microwave. You just need to make sure the melting recepticle is microwave safe (obviously) and completely dry, take it in 30sec increments, always give a good stir. Stop zapping when there are still a few lumps left as they will come out when you give it a final stir - any longer and it could be bad news. I find it usually take no more than 1 1/2 - 2 mins tops.

Add a few drops of pink food colouring - how much is up to how pink you want it. Stir in some desicated coconut. Chop up marshmallows and red snakes or raspberry lollies or turkish delight (or some of each if you really want to) - throw that in too, and mix so everything is nice and coated.

Put into lined tin, and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours until set. Then chop into bite size pieces.

Et voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment